Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Jewish Studies
|Hours To Complete||19 - 22|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
Students minoring in Jewish studies are required to complete a minimum of nineteen credit hours.
Required course (One of the courses below, three credit-hours):
- JS 101: Introduction to Jewish Civilization
- JS125: Introduction to Jewish Literature
- JS 270: Survey of Jewish History
- JS 308: Judaism
- Sixteen credit-hours in elective courses with the approval of the advisor, one of which must be a four-credit course.
- At least twelve of the sixteen credits must be above the 100-level.
- HEBR 101/102 does not count for the minor.
- No more than one elective course may be a language course.
All courses for the minor must be taken for a letter grade.