Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Lusophone Studies
|Hours To Complete||20|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
A minimum of 20 credit hours taken at the 201 level and above including the following:
Required courses: Port 201 and Port 202
Elective courses: Four additional courses above Port 202
- The elective courses may be taken in other departments such as LACS, Spanish, Linguistics, Anthropology and/or History. Elective courses may be taught in Portuguese, English, or Spanish. Prior approval of the Director of the Portuguese Program is required and will be based upon the courses' content. Study Abroad programs are also included here (up to a maximum of three courses).
- Students who enter the program with advanced Portuguese language skills are not required to take Port 201 and Port 202 and will substitute these two language classes with two other upper level courses to be determined in conjunction with the Director of the Portuguese Program.