Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Music
|Hours To Complete||20|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
20 hours of course work; 6-8 courses.
Courses may be chosen from any of the Music Department's course offerings. Students may focus a minor within a specific area, or they may take a broad selection of courses totaling 20 hours. No audition required.
- Students may count only three 100-level courses toward the minor.
- Up to 4 hours of Applied Music (MUS 310 for non-majors) or Ensemble (MUS 300) will be accepted toward the minor. MUS 300 and 310 require a performance audition. MUS 320 will not count toward the minor in music.
- All courses must be taken for letter grade.
- Students may count no more than 3 credit hours of Supervised Reading or Study Abroad courses toward fulfillment of the music minor. Students may not count an Internship toward fulfillment of the music minor.
- AP credit cannot be used toward the music minor.
- Oxford continuees and transfer students: At least three of the required courses must be taken at Emory. If a student wishes to use MUS 300 or 310, at least two of these courses must be taken at Emory.