Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Philosophy
|Hours To Complete||18 - 20|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
Two 200 level history courses (8 credits) from the following list:
- Phil 200: ancient Greek and medieval philosophy
- Phil 202: renaissance and modern philosophy
- Phil 204: 19th and 20th century philosophy
Two courses at the 300 level or above (7-8 credits. At least one of which must be at the 400 level)
One additional course at any level (3-4 credits)