Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Political Science
|Hours To Complete||23|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
The minor concentration in Political Science comprises a minimum of 7 courses and 23 credit hours.
All POLS minors are required to complete the following courses:
- POLS 111: Principles of Political Science
- one POLS course in political theory
- one POLS elective at any level (100-400)
- four upper-level POLS elective courses (300-400)
Additional Requirements and Procedures
- One course of elective credit (at least 4 credit hours) may be satisfied with POLS 496: Internship, or with POLS 387: CLSS Independent Research, or with POLS 388: Research in Political Science.
- POLS 497: Directed Study credit may not be used to fulfill any of the requirements for the minor.
- No course for the minor may be taken pass/fail (S/U).
- No more than two courses (8 credit hours) may be satisfied with courses taken "away" from Emory-this includes but is not limited to: Study Abroad credit, transient study, Washington and Bard semester programs and transfer credit.
- Students who declare a minor concentration in Political Science will not be assigned an advisor. Students who require advising should consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies and the Academic Degree Program Coordinator (Tarbutton 327).