Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Predictive Health
|Hours To Complete||21|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
A minor in predictive health requires 21 credits. Only one course may also count towards the major.
- HLTH 210/ANT 231 - Introduction to Predictive Health
- Four of the following courses (and at least two of the courses marked with *)
- * HLTH 310/ANT 339 - Defining Health: Biocultural Perspectives
- * HLTH 312/ANT 318 - Predicting Life Span Health or HLTH 414 Origins of Health
- * HLTH 411/ANT 431 - Many Diseases, Few Causes
- HLTH 220 or 221 or 340
- HLTH 205 or 240 or HLTH Special Topics (285,385,485) by approval of the DUS
- HLTH 416 or HLTH 440
- One elective course (see department website for listing of approved courses)
- HLTH 410 - Contemporary Health Challenges