Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Spanish
|Hours To Complete||20|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
A minimum of 20 credit hours, all courses listed as SPAN, including the following:
- Two foundational courses numbered between SPAN 300 and 318.
- One course numbered above SPAN 400.
- Three or more additional courses (electives) numbered SPAN 212 or above.
- Students may need 7 courses to complete the 20-credit hour minimum.
- A maximum of two courses from semester study abroad may be counted toward the minor.
- Required 400-level seminar must be taught by departmental faculty.