Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Sustainability
|Hours To Complete||20|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
- IDS 206: Foundations of Sustainability
- IDS 391: Sustainability Capstone Seminar
Minimum of 4 electives selected from a pre-approved master list, with at least one elective falling in each of three distributions (Social Sciences, Humanities, and natural Sciences)
An integrative written portfolio with an initial entry, entries and optional sample coursework from each course that fulfills the minor, a capstone entry, and final entry. *Completed during capstone seminar, formatted as professional PDF suitable for inclusion with CV, reviewed by Sustainability Minor Steering Committee members who provide feedback
A presentation of the capstone project, in poster or oral form, providing the student practice with another means of presenting their research..
Emory College of Arts and Sciences offer students the option of choosing one of two minors in the field of Sustainability- Sustainability or Sustainability Sciences. For more information on both programs to help you make the decision on which fits your interests more closely, please click here.