Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Theater Studies
|Hours To Complete||24|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
A Theater Studies minor must complete the following courses for a total of 11 credit hours:
- THEA 120: Acting: Fundamentals
- THEA 210W: Reading for Performance
- THEA 130: Stagecraft
- THEA 200R: Theater Practicum (one credit)
In addition to the core requirements, minors must complete three elective courses for a total of 9-12 credit hours. (Some dramatic literature courses in other departments are approved for these electives.)
- One course must be at the 100-level or higher.
- One course must be at the 200-level or higher.
- One course must be at the 300-level or higher.
Note: THEA 100, Introduction to Theater can count towards the minor as an elective, along with other 100-level courses.