Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Classical Civilization BA
|Hours To Complete||36|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
A minimum of 36 hours in Classics, Greek or Latin OR approved related fields, which must include
- At least two Classics courses at the 100 level (i.e. courses in the Classics Department not designated as Greek or Latin language courses).
- At least three 3 or 4 hour credit hour Classics courses at the 200 level or above.
- At least two 3 or 4 credit hour courses on ancient Greece and/or Rome offered by or cross-listed with other departments including, but not limited to Art History, History, and Philosophy.
- At least two additional 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Classics, Greek, or Latin or approved related fields.
Majors should consult closely with a faculty advisor in developing their course of study