Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Classics and Philosophy BA
|Hours To Complete||45|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
A mimimum of 45 hours in Classics (including Greek and Latin) and Philosophy courses including:
- At least five 3 or 4 credit hour courses either in ancient Greek or in Latin.
- 6 courses in Philosophy including:
- Philosophy 110
- Philosophy 200
- Philosophy 202
- 3 Philosophy electives of which at least 2 must be at the 300 level or above.
- Additional credit hours required for the major beyond the required courses may be taken in Classics (including Greek and Latin), Philosophy, or other courses that focus on Art History, History, or Philosophy of ancient Greece and/or Rome offered by or cross-listed with other departments.