Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Comparative Literature BA
|Hours To Complete||33 - 49|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
The five core courses:
- 201 Major Texts: Reading Comparatively
- 202 Major Texts: Literatures, Genres, Media
- 301 Methods of Interpretation
- 302 Literary Theory
- 490 Literature Major Seminar
* Two courses in a language other than English at the 200 level or above - (at least 6 credit hours)
* Three courses offered in literature in the original language or in translation. (at the 300 level or above)
- 100-level courses (including freshman seminars and CPLT 110) do not count toward the major
- A literature course that does not count toward the major of the department that offers the course would also not count for the Comparative Literature major
- Majors are encouraged to fulfill their three literature electives with advanced courses
4 courses in a language other than English (101, 102) or equivalent