Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Comparative Literature BA
|Hours To Complete||33 - 49|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
The five core courses:
CPLT 201 Major Texts: Ancient to Medieval
CPLT 202 Major Texts: Renaissance to Modern
CPLT 203 Literatures Beyond the Canon
CPLT 301 Methods of Interpretation or CPLT 302 Literary Theory
CPLT 490 Literature Major Seminar
* Two foreign language literature courses at the 300 level or above – (at least 6 credit hours)
* Three courses offered in literature in the original language or in translation. (at the 300 level or above)
4 courses in foreign language (101, 102, 201, 202) or equivalent