Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Computer Science BS
|Hours To Complete||56|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
The BS provides a more structured set of courses and prepares a student for graduate work in computer science. Requirements:
- Math 111, 112, 221
- CS 170-171, 224, 255, 323, 424, and 450
- Four courses chosen from the following: CS courses numbered 300 or higher and Math 315, 346, and 361
- Physics 141-142 or 151-152, and 234