Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Art History
|Hours To Complete||22|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
The Art History minor requires seven courses (minimum 22 credit hours) in Art History, including:
- One course in three of the four divisions
- Ancient Mediterranean
- Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque Europe
- Modern and contemporary art and architecture (in Europe, the United States, Africa, or the African Diaspora)
- Africa, Islam, Asia, and the ancient Americas
- Either ARTVIS 111 or 112, Foundations in Art Practices. If taken before Fall 2014, one Visual Arts course can fulfill this requirement.
- Two courses at the 300 level or above.
Minors are encouraged to take one or both semesters of the introductory survey course, ARTHIST 101 and ARTHIST 102, at four credit hours each. Both may count toward the minor, but neither fulfills the division requirement.
An internship (ARTHIST 397) cannot be applied to the minor. No more than four credit hours taken S/U (with the department’s approval) may be applied to the minor.