Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Community Building and Social Change
|Hours To Complete||20|
The minor in Community Building and Social Change is designed to offer students from a variety of majors an introduction to the challenges and opportunities for revitalizing and strengthening communities in contemporary urban America. The minor comprises twenty semester hours.
Students must complete a three course sequence in community building and social change that includes Community Building and Social Change I (POLS/SOC/CBSC 370A), Planning and Evaluating Community-Based Initiatives (POLS/SOC/CBSC 370B), and Practicum in Community Building (POLS 492R).
- CBSC 370A: Community Bldg and Soc Change I
- CBSC 370B: Planning Community Initiatives
- CBSC 492R: Practicum:Comm Bldg and Soc Chng
In addition, two elective courses (eight semester hours) must be taken.?????? The program maintains a current list of courses that may be used to satisfy this requirement.
The minor is only available to those students accepted into the Community Building and Social Change Fellows Program. For further information on the Community Building Fellows Program please contact Kate Grace, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.