Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in English
|Hours To Complete||21|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
A minor in English may complement a major in any other department. A concentration in a particular literary field may be worked out in consultation with your advisor or the Director of Undergraduate Studies. There is no minor in Creative Writing.
All minors must take six courses and a minimum of 21 credits in English beyond the 100-level, including:
- English 205
- at least two courses at the 300- or 400-level
- English 101, 181, 190, and 496R do not count toward the minor.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- Two of the courses toward the minor may be Creative Writingcourses.