Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in German Studies
|Hours To Complete||24 - 30|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
Students must complete 24-30 credit hours in German Studies courses to complete the minor. The number of credit hours required for the minor depends on the student’s placement into the German program:
- For students beginning with 101, 30 credit hours including 8 credits for the 101-102 sequence and one credit for German Conversation course (GER 392) are required to complete the minor;
- For students beginning with 102, 26 credit hours including 4 credits for 102 and one credit for German Conversation course (GER 392) are required to complete the minor;
- For students beginning with courses numbered 201 or higher, 24 credit hours including one credit for German Conversation course (GER 392) are required to complete the minor required
Students may substitute a maximum of 3 credit hours in courses on German-related topics approved by the German Studies Department and taught by either the German Studies Department or another department, such as Film Studies, History, Art History, Music, Political Science, or Philosophy. These courses may be taught in German, English, or Yiddish.