Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Global Health, Culture, and Society
|Hours To Complete||21|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
- HLTH 250/GHCS 250: Foundations in Global Health
- One methods course
- Two perspectives in Global Health courses (at least 6 credit hours)
- One Global Health Challenges/Morbidity and Mortality course
- HLTH 350R/GHCS 300R Core Issues in Global Health Capstone Course
- At least one elective course (at least 3 credit hours)
The total courses must represent at least two different departments. No course using S/U option may be applied towards the minor. Only one class can be double counted for the major and the GHCS minor. Other courses taken at Emory or abroad, or internships with an academic component, may be considered as a GHCS election by petition.