Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Religion and Classical Civilization BA
|Hours To Complete||44 - 56|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
- Either two 3 or 4 credit hour courses of Greek or Latin (but not a combination of the two), OR Classics 102 (4 hours) and Classics 214 (3 hours)
- Religion 300 (4 hours), Religion 490W (4 hours), and one tradition-specific course with approval of religion adviser
- An additional nine 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Religion and Classics, including
- At least four 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Classics, of which at least two courses must be at the 200 level or higher
- At least three 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Religion, or which at least two courses must be at the 300 level or higher