Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Latin BA
|Hours To Complete||35 - 44|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
Latin Major Requirements:
- At least five 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Latin beyond the elementary level.
- At least two 3 or 4 credit hour Classics courses (i.e. courses in the Classics Department not designated as Greek or Latin language courses).
- At least two 3 or 4 credit hour courses that focus on ancient Greece and/or Rome offered by or cross-listed with other departments including, but not limited to, Art History, History, and Philosophy.
Latin 101 and Latin 102 or the equivalent.
Equivalencies are determined by department including, but not limited to, AP credit, IB credit, and previous coursework in the ancient languages.