Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Latin BA
|Hours To Complete||35 - 44|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
Latin Major Requirements:
- At least five 3 or 4 credit hour courses in Latin beyond the elementary level.
- At least two 3 or 4 credit hour Classics courses (i.e. courses in the Classics Department not designated as Greek or Latin language courses).
- At least two 3 or 4 credit hour courses that focus on ancient Greece and/or Rome offered by or cross-listed with other departments including, but not limited to, Art History, History, and Philosophy.
Latin 101 and Latin 102 or the equivalent.
andamp;#160;Equivalencies are determined by department including, but not limited to, AP credit, IB credit, and previous coursework in the ancient languages.