Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Mathematics and Computer Science BS
|Hours To Complete||59|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
This program is designed for students who wish to combine the study of mathematics and computer science. It can also accommodate students in the physical sciences who want a substantial concentration in mathematics and computation.
1. Math 221, 250, and 315
2. CS 170, 171, 224, 255, 323, 424, and 450
3. Three courses chosen from the following: CS courses numbered 300 or higher, Math 346, 361
4. Physics 141 and 142 or 151 and 152, Physics 234
Math 111, 112