Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Philosophy BA
|Hours To Complete||34 - 36|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
- 9 courses required.
- Five are required:
- PHIL 110 Intro to Logic
- PHIL 200 Ancient and Medieval Philosophy,
- PHIL 202 Renaissance and Modern Philosophy
- PHIL 204 Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Philosophy
- Five elective courses, at least 3 of which at the 400 level.