Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Physics (Applied) BS
|Hours To Complete||64|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
THE BS in Applied Physics is no longer offered. Students who declared this major before Fall 2015 will be able to complete their course of study. Students interested in this program should consider the BS in Engineering Science.
The BS in applied physics complements the BS degree with two applied physics courses*, specifically Digital Electronics and Computational Physics. As with the BS degree, the program offers a broad and deep background in fundamental physics and the accompanying mathematics. The additional courses provide students to learn about areas of current technological interest such as digital electronics and microprocessors and computational physics techniques.
* Note: Students completing the BS degree in physics and these two courses may choose whether they prefer Physics or Applied Physics as a major.
Required: Physics 151, 152, 234, 253, 320, 361, 365, 421, 432, 436, 444, 461, and Mathematics 111, 112, 211, and 212.