Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Physics for Life Sciences BA
|Hours To Complete||55|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
*** As of Fall 2019, the Bachelor of Arts program in Physics for Life Sciences will no longer accept new students into the major (pending formal approval for discontinuation by SACSCOC.) Students who previously declared this major may contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Physics to ensure that they are able to complete the requirements of the program ***
Courses required for the completion of the Major
- One PHYS elective (300-level or higher)
- BIOL 141 and 142 (including labs)
- CHEM 150 + 150L
- QTM 100
- MATH 111
- MATH 112 or 116
- MATH 212