Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Sustainability Sciences
|Hours To Complete||18 - 21|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
- Introduction to Environmental Science (one course).
Options include ENVS 131: Intro to Environmental Sciences or ENVS 120: HUman and Natural Ecology.
- Methods in Sustainability Science (one course).
Options include ENVS 250: Geographical Information Systems, ENVS 260: Quantitative Methods in Environmental Sciences or a course in QTM (e.g. QTM 120).
- Sciences of Sustainability (three courses).
Options include ENVS 225: Institutionas and the Environment, ENVS 227: Environmental Policy, ENVS 232: Integrated Methods in Ecology, ENVS 240: Ecosystem Ecology, BIOL/ENVS 247: Ecology, ENVS 320: Environmental Assessment and Management, BBA 332: Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, ENVS 332: Earth Systems Science, ENVS 345: Conservation Biology and Biodiversity, ENVS 348: Sustainable Water Resources, POLS/ENVS 370A: Community Building and Social Change I, ENVS 377: International Environmental Policy, ENVS 385: Green Business, ENVS 385: Climate Change, ENVS 385: Biophilic Design and Construction, ENVS 430: Law and Biodiversity, ENVS 442: Ecology at Emory University, ENVS 459: Urban Ecology and Development
- Practicum (one course)
Options include ENVS 491: Service Learning in Environmental and Sustainability Sciences or POLS/ENVS 370B: Planning Community Initiatives
Emory College of Arts and Sciences offer students the option of choosing one of two minors in the field of Sustainability- Sustainability or Sustainability Sciences. For more information on both programs to help you make the decision on which fits your interests more closely, please click here.