Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Minor in Sustainability Sciences
|Hours To Complete||18 - 21|
|Declaration of Minor Contact|
- ENVS 130: Environmental Sciences (or AP Credit) and ENVS 131: Intro to ENVS Field Studies.
- Methods in Sustainability Science (one course).
Options include ENVS 250: Geographical Information Systems, ENVS 260: Quantitative Methods in Environmental Sciences or a course in QTM (e.g. QTM 120).
- Sciences of Sustainability (three courses).
A combination of social and natural sciences courses must be chosen. Please refer to the list on the ENVS website.
- Practicum (one course)
Options include ENVS 491: Service Learning in Environmental and Sustainability Sciences or POLS/ENVS 370B: Planning Community Initiatives
Emory College of Arts and Sciences offer students the option of choosing one of two minors in the field of Sustainability- Sustainability or Sustainability Sciences. For more information on both programs to help you make the decision on which fits your interests more closely, please click here.