Academic Majors & Minors
- Students can declare a major/minor during, or after the second semester of their freshman year. Students should declare a major/minor no later than the end of the sophomore year.
- No more than 2 concentrations allowed, either:
- 2 majors OR
- 1 major and 1 minor OR
- 1 major
- Maintain at least a C (2.0) average in any major or minor.
- Only one (1) undergraduate degree may be earned from Emory.
Major in Philosophy, Politics, Law BA
|Hours To Complete||34 - 38|
|Declaration of Major Contact|
Courses required for the award of the major:
- PHIL 110: Introduction to Logic
- PHIL 220: History of Political Philosophy (historical survey of primary texts and issues)
- PHIL 300: Metaphysics and Epistemology
- PHIL 321: Philosophy of Law
- PHIL 488: Capstone Seminar on Philosophy, Politics and Law
- Five Elective Courses
- One non-philosophy elective on politics
- One non-philosophy elective on law
- One philosophy elective at the 400 level
- Two philosophy electives at any level.