The minor concentration in Political Science comprises twenty-four (24) semester hours (6 courses). Students who minor in political science must complete:
- POLS 100 National Politics in the United States
- One course in International Politics which will be POLS 110
- One course in Comparative Politics which will be POLS 120
- One course in Political Theory
- Two elective courses at the Junior/Senior level (300 level or above)
- One additional elective course
Students who declare a minor concentration in Political Science will not be assigned an advisor. Students who require advising should consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Additional Requirements and Procedures
- 4 hours of elective credit can be satisfied with an internship course (POLS 496)
- POLS 497 credit (Directed Study) may not be used to fulfill any of the requirements for the minor
- No classes may be taken S/U for the minor
- No more than two courses may be satisfied with courses taken "away" from Emory- this includes but is not limited to: Study Abroad credit, Transient study, Washington Semester or The Bard Globalization International Affairs Program and Transfer Credit
- Students may use AP/IB credit to waive POLS 100. No additional elective is required to be added to the minor as a result of this equivalent credit use.
- Minor status does not guarantee enrollment in any particular course. Some classes may require course prerequisites or other requirements for enrollment.